Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Does anyone eat hot cross buns with cheese?

To me this sounds very strange but my boyfriend has told me he likes hot cross buns with cheese. Is this a Yorkshire thing, an odd thing or actually quite nice?

I couldn't bring myself to try it.

Thanks

• Jo H
    Favorite Answer

Yes with some strong cheddar, it must be melted under the grill though. Its like having croissants with cheese the sweetness and the strong flavour just seem to work.

I've never heard of this one before! Sounds a very strange combination. Think I'll just stick to putting butter on my hot cross buns.

Mmm hot cross buns with cheese are delicious - grill the cheese so it melts on top - fantastic. I'm hungry now - might have to get some hot cross buns later!!

Us Yorkshire folk have some strange eating habits, but cheese on hot cross buns is just gross!!

Hot cross buns should just be toasted and dripping in butter!

This is awful what an insult to the poor hot cross bun...personally I'd dump him. What else does he eat?

Yup - nice. Think about it - a lot of people put chutney on their cheese sandwiches, and that can be sweet, so cheese on a sweet bread isn't that different. I'm not from Yorkshire.

ive never heard of hot cross buns with cheese on them.I love them with butter on

That is very wrong - hot cross buns MUST be eaten with copious amounts of butter!

Vomit..!! but I suppose its an aquired taste - I like the Mickey D's breakfast - Bacon 'n' Egg McMuffin...with cheese ...thats sounds a bit yucky...but it's delish... try the Bun & Cheese - who knows you might like it..

I prefer to have mine with butter.

Mind you I've heard folk that like eating Christmas rich fruit cake with cheese. Apparently it complements each other.

I wouldn't fancy it though