Is Kathy Evans, the single dumbest contestant to ever get on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"?

NEW YORK - Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing "the absolute worst use of lifelines ever."

After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was:

"Which of the following is the largest?"

A) A Peanut

B) An Elephant

C) The Moon

D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.

"Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie," said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. "I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be."

Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.

"Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!" exclaimed Evans. "Darn. I think I better phone a friend."

Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.

"Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!" said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. "Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun."

Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.

"Come on Betsy, are you sure?" said Evans. "How sure are you? Puh, that can't be it."

To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'

"I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience," said Evans.

Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.

"Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking," said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. "But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer."

Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'

Why is this question in this section?

This shows how Yanks think!!

Often things have to be pointed out to people, including the likes of 'm c'

The fact that so many Americans answered defensively says something about their psyche.

If they really believed it is an 'utter trash' why are they not able to laught at it?

Case proved.

• Keira

omg, that is embrassing!

The dumbest thing that I have ever seen is this alleged question which only turns out to be a self-condemning treatise on how stupid you are. Everyone knows that an elephant is much bigger than the Moon you only have to look at it.

• PC

I didn't see the show so I don't know if it is true. If it actually did happen then that would have to be the most embarassing moment on tv. She will never be able to live this down and I really feel sorry for her friends and family.

Guess what, Kayamat?

If you go to the first web page you listed for the "disbelievers" and go all the way to the bottom, it says the story's a FAKE!!!!!

Now let's talk about who's really the dumbest.

Source(s): Proud Yankee

Yeah, one person is your pool of talent on american know how, thats intelligent. I've travelled through england, and the rest of europe and saw some really unintelligent things also, but hey, its europe. You're an idiot.

• m c

I was really enjoying reading your question, not really a question, you just wanted to turn all this into a racial slur regarding *yankees" Yanks as you called them , which makes you more dumb than the lady who lost on that show.

Unfortunately I did not see the show, but I sure think t was funny

The whole story is fake

One of em

I would love to answer your question, but I don't know her IQ.

For more information and a detailed description, please refer to the website below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20715800@N00/

• lou b

mmmnnnnn....a bit controversial I think. Not sure it's true anyway?