in which year did weather records begin to be recorded?

Favorite Answer

when time began

Excellent question. So here is a little history for you. In 1874 an international commission designed standard forms for the recording of meteorological data. These were soon in use worldwide. A similar form, Form 1009, was used in the United States with few changes from 1891, when the Weather Bureau was established as a civilian agency, through 1948. In 1849 Joseph Henry, Secretary of the Smithsonian , persuaded the telegraph companies to transmit weather reports free of charge and began building a network of weather stations. Within 10 years 500 stations were reporting.

Source(s): I am a meteorologist with nearly 45 years of experience.

1874

let me think ..it was about the time that Adam said to Eve after she had given him the apple..I feel a bit cold round me bits,maybe we should cover up...the event was recorded in the bible..can't be sure if it was tuesday or wednesday..about 2000bc March..19th

in the year of our lord 1900!!!!