Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 1 decade ago

Best Screen Resolution?

I want to ask, what is the best screen resolution on my 17” LCD monitor?

My graphic card support resolution up to 1280 * 1024 but at the resolution I feel difficulty in reading text.

I want a comfortable view and high picture definition. Any expert?

1024 * 768 is good.Buy a bigger screen

check the manual, it should give a best resolution of your monitor.

If you don't have the manual anymore, find it on the internet using Google (enter brand, model and size) - you should be able to get the info.

but usually for a 17" monitor 1024 x 768 is the best resolution.

Define "best".

Personally I would say that the best is the highest, but for you this obviously isn't the case. The best resolution to use is the one you feel most comfortable with. The only person in any position to make a decision about this is you - you don't need an expert, you just need to use some common sense (if you have any!).

1280x1024 is probably native resolutio of you 17" monitor, if not, switch resolution to your native one. You will find information about native resolution in your monitor's user manual. If you have difficulty with reading text try to do this:

Go to Control Panel, Display Options, then click tab Appearance. Now click Effects... and check box "Use the folloowing method to smooth edges of screen fonts" and select method "Clear type". Then just click OK until all windows disapear.

Hope it helps

It should be True Color(32 bit) 1024*768 goto-settings and select the same

• CT

Mine is set at 1024 x 768 and I can read my text perfect.

1024*768 pixel is very useful for your eyes and your 17" of LCD.

Take Care

bypass to regulate panel go searching on the exhibit the position it says visual charm and personalization and that is going to say modify exhibit decision so click on that when which a small window will arise with a sq. with a a million and one with a 2 go searching that window and click set to default it may take some seconds although that is going to comply with the default exhibit decision

try a lower resolution (or zoom text), until you will read a line of text without moving your head and not move to much your eyes, and of course you will distinguish letters without efforts.

Keep it at 1280x1024. Now right click on your desktop properties --> appearance --> effects --> turn on the second option and change it to ClearType.