i dropped my cell phone into a pot of water, can u dry this out in a micro wave or what?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

    Nope, it will soon be a goner.

    Moisture will have soaked into circuit board, shorting phone out.

    Sorry,

    Dave

    Source(s): cell phone repair tech.
  • 1 decade ago

    Lol, do NOT put your electronic cell phone in a microwave!!!! Just dry it off with a towel and maybe hold a blowdryer far away from it on low to get the water out of the buttons. Turn it off when you do this, and then let it sit for an hour then turn it back on.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    this is a joke no???

    cell phones have metal bits in it ,the micro wave or the cell phone could explode

    in any case both would be placed permanently out of action

    best is to leave it in the draft in a dry place or use a hairdryer

  • 1 decade ago

    Take the battery out, remove the face cover if you can, and generally disassemble it as far as your own skill level allows. Shake the heck out of it. Try tapping it against your hand until all the water comes out. Then sit it on top of one of your homes heater grates or in any area with good airflow. Leave it overnight if you can. It worked for mine. I hope it works for you.

    I have also heard of folks using a hair dryer with the temperature turned way down.

    Miketyson26

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    No! remove the battery and dry with a hair dryer on low setting..Had to do this when phone was dropped in the pool..

  • BuddyL
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    LOL! Well, if you do put your cell phone in a microwave, be sure to camcord it -from a safe distance- and send the results to Mythbusters! You'll blow the phone and the microwave too! (See all the other answers above...)

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    no that happend to me before pull the battery off the phone and wait a few days it will dry out on its own and should work again ,,,,,metal in a mircowave is not a good idea

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    The metal doesn't allow the microwave rays to pass through. It'll reflect them back, causing sparks and a fire, so let it dry on its own.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You cant microwave electronics. Leave it alone for a few days, and it will dry on its own.

  • 1 decade ago

    a big NO!.... let it dry in the air, if it still doesn't work well, go get another phone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.