Which part of the british army wears a black beret with a skull and crossbones on it?

i saw this uniform on the six oclock news the other day. the report was from iraq. i have never seen this insignia before and it got me wondering about who they are and what they do. the only uniform i have ever seen like it is the old ss hats which had the same insignia. surely the british army is not re starting... show more i saw this uniform on the six oclock news the other day. the report was from iraq. i have never seen this insignia before and it got me wondering about who they are and what they do. the only uniform i have ever seen like it is the old ss hats which had the same insignia. surely the british army is not re starting the ss. i have heard the stuff the americans have with the bones but its not the sort of thing i expect to see on british troops as i know most british army insignia has crowns and stuff on it(how you know they are brits serving her majesty) and there was no sign of this on these hats.
16 answers 16