Family driving me crazy help!!!1?

My grandmother and uncle live with me and my mom and theyre both driving me crazy. My uncle for som reason thinks he is my father and is always telling me what i can and can't do he does help my mom with rent but that is it he eats all our food and leaves his dirty clothes everywhere. My grandmother also thinks she is my parent and is always complaining to my mom how she thinks im spoiled and such. Im practically her servant she never gets off her butt to do anything she is only sixty and has no health problems but i do what she wants me to any way. I cant move out cause i am 2 young and my mom would never kick either of them out she is usually on there side what should i do???

• DrB

Find positive interests outside of your home. Do well in school. Begin to plan your career and college education, so you don't duplicate the situation that you are complaining about. Focus on your future!

Try talking to your mom about feeling overwhelmed by everyone telling you what to do. Dont argue with her, just tell her youd like to discuss something with her alone.

Let her know that you love them all but wondered if maybe there was a way to make things better between all of you and see what she says. It can't hurt, right? Might even help if everyone helps out with all the duties so not just one person is doing everything.

Remeber you cant change them, but you can change the way you are looking at the situation and how you act towards them.

Try getting involved in some activities and doing things with your friends. Sometimes that can help to get your mind off things and that way your not at home all the time. good luck.

Complex family generations in one household are always tricky. First of all this sounds like this is your mothers house, correct? Is she a single mom as well? Secondly how old is your uncle and how close in age are you to him? This information although helpful is not neccessarily the root of the problem. The problem seems to be that your mother needs to set down some ground rules to your grandmother and uncle as to who is going to raise you. Now of course it still means you need to respect them. If you have a good relationship with your mother talk to her about your concerns regarding the issues you have mentioned. I cannot think for one minute that she has invited your grandmother and uncle into your home to make her relationship with you suffer. Tell her just that. You want the closeness and openess and how can this be fixed without you feeling like you are their servent, but do it with gentleness. Tell her how it makes you feel without placing blame. That usually works better than shooting daggers.

Your Mum needs to set some boundaries. It's probably tough for her and I guess she appreciates the support but you need to talk to her. You could tell her you find it confusing to have so many people 'parenting' you and you need only her to tell you what to do. Choose a time when she's feeling relaxed and you're alone. If you don't think she's listening or taking you seriously, tell her. Parents don't always get it right but good ones don't stop trying. Good luck.

like you reported you want to set limits (obstacles). all of us stay through them (speed limits, budgets, regulations - you call it and we stay through them). First although you stay interior sight that doesn't propose they have infinite get entry to to you and your existence. in the journey that they opt for to visit and also you've different plans, basically say "now might want to be not a superb time I actually have plans. i will call you the following day to set something up." and then dangle up. confirm you retain the doorways locked and do not supply them keys (each and every man or woman merits their privateness). in the journey that they call and that's not a superb time repeat an same sentence as above. Threatening suicide is frequently only a administration tactic and could not really be done and they are going to give up threatening that once they see you do not reply (that's going to likely be complicated on you yet you should maintain on mutually with your guns). If mandatory at the same time as they threaten this say "do you opt for me to the contact the police which will take you to the well-being middle for remedy?" or "that's the large form for the suicide help line - and then recite the large form for them". commence with small toddler steps and artwork your self as a lot as more desirable and superior obstacles. Make a itemizing of the obstacles you opt for to set and the priority of the boundary/decrease and use that to commence. once you commence to fall down take a deep breath and say to your self "I deserve this". (that you do). solid success and God Bless.

Sounds sad as you have put it... You could talk with your mum straight and tell her what you think. I hope she's the person you can confine in! Maybe she also feels bad with your grandmother and uncle? Chances are that you two will change their behavour, talking with them.

Find your uncle a girlfriend and for the grandma just listen to her someday you might not have her around. Do it for your mom anyway.

Allways do what your grandma say's, She won't be here forever. As for uncle, well I don't know what you do. So I don't know if he is right or wrong. Just have a talk with them. Mabe thing's will change. pray alot.

talk to them yell at them do anything cuz they shouldnt treat u like that if theyre not ur parents try bossing them around for once and see how they feel about it

i would say tell them how you feel about them being like your parents