Why is it that older people who work at a fast-food joint are so mean?

This summer I worked at Taco Bell for about a month, and the ENTIRE time I was treated like ultimate sh*t. Yea, there was the occasional rude customer (I was a cashier), but working with those people were unbearable! This girl used to blame me for EVERYTHING. And then I got yelled at for the dumbest things! For... show more This summer I worked at Taco Bell for about a month, and the ENTIRE time I was treated like ultimate sh*t. Yea, there was the occasional rude customer (I was a cashier), but working with those people were unbearable! This girl used to blame me for EVERYTHING. And then I got yelled at for the dumbest things! For instance, I was working at night and we had a big crowd, but my manager's manager called the shift manager and told her to tell me to "stop looking so stupid" (WTF?), and then he told her to tell me to "mop the floors". How the hell was I supposed to mop the floors when we had customers to the door? And the floors weren't even dirty! When the customers were finally gone, I started mopping, but I got yelled at because a new customer just walked in (wasn't even at the cashier). And the bathrooms started flooding, and I got yelled at for not doing this or not. ARGH, it was so stressful.

So what in the world is wrong with the people there?! Why are they so ANAL and UNHAPPY?
Update: Not elderly people. I mean people who are in their mid-twenties and up.
Update 2: Nunoyvgvn... Awi, did you fail high by any chance and happen to work at the Taco Bell that I quit at? Because you seem pretty bitter and moronic.

I PITY YOU.