How do I reset my screen resolution. I changed it to an unsupported res and now have black screen.?

Running Windows NT

resart and press F8 repeatedly when options come up select safe mode, your computer will have a res of 640 by 480 of somthing, change the resoloution to a supported value and reboot

Restart the computer holding down F8. This will bring up the boot menu. Select safe mode. Once it has loaded, you will be able to see the screen in ye olde VGA resolution. Now you can reset the resolution in the normal way and reboot.

Run the windows in safe mode..

then change resolution and reset the system

start windows in safe mode then change resolution. & restart and set with proper resolution. If you are not able to change the resolution in safe mode then remove the display adaptors from device manager and restart pc in normal mode and set the resolution

pass to administration panel go searching on the demonstrate screen the place it says visual charm and personalization and it will say regulate demonstrate screen decision so click on that once which a small window will arise with a sq. with a a million and one with a 2 go searching that window and click set to default it might take some seconds in spite of the undeniable fact that it is going to adjust to the default demonstrate screen decision

• pop

safe mode for me 2

unpluge your motoer and it will be located in the back and try rebooting it and that should help thanks shortlittlemama03 happy holidays from my family to yours

Source(s): i love points