Need advice, I don't want to go to my boyfriends familys house for christmas.?

We have been dating for two years and I have been to his family for thanksgiving and chirstams last year and for thanksgiving this year and they are getting together for chirstmas eve again this year and i am invited. I love these people, they are very nice and intelligent ( I would love them even it they were... show more We have been dating for two years and I have been to his family for thanksgiving and chirstams last year and for thanksgiving this year and they are getting together for chirstmas eve again this year and i am invited.

I love these people, they are very nice and intelligent ( I would love them even it they were stupit) No one fights or drinks to much and my boyfriends mother is a wonferful cook and a really nice lady that likes me and my daughter.

The problem is his family is SO BORING.!! when I say boring I mean 9/10 people sitting in a room for about 6 hours staring at each other. Theres talk but not that much of it.

This is not the type of family you can bring a board game or card game and say hay lets play to get things going.

And its not like I want excitement the moment I walk in to the moment I leave. But man I could fall asleep having to think about being there.

My question is how to get out of it. I work midnights and have to work that night.
Update: Would it be in bad taste to not go. I love him and his family .

Should I just go because I love them and this is what family means , to have to be board sometimes. ?

Would it be ok to say I have to work a double. I know I can work so if he calls I will be at work.
Update 2: kak and str. GROW UP!!