Need advice, I don't want to go to my boyfriends familys house for christmas.?

We have been dating for two years and I have been to his family for thanksgiving and chirstams last year and for thanksgiving this year and they are getting together for chirstmas eve again this year and i am invited.

I love these people, they are very nice and intelligent ( I would love them even it they were stupit) No one fights or drinks to much and my boyfriends mother is a wonferful cook and a really nice lady that likes me and my daughter.

The problem is his family is SO BORING.!! when I say boring I mean 9/10 people sitting in a room for about 6 hours staring at each other. Theres talk but not that much of it.

This is not the type of family you can bring a board game or card game and say hay lets play to get things going.

And its not like I want excitement the moment I walk in to the moment I leave. But man I could fall asleep having to think about being there.

My question is how to get out of it. I work midnights and have to work that night.

Would it be in bad taste to not go. I love him and his family .

Should I just go because I love them and this is what family means , to have to be board sometimes. ?

Would it be ok to say I have to work a double. I know I can work so if he calls I will be at work.

kak and str. GROW UP!!

I had this problem with an ex of mine. His family was so SWEET and the same things occured. I would just let them know you had already made plans to be at home with your child and make cookies and stuff. Be as honest as you can but still try to come up with something that would make it all healthy and worth while.

Don't work if you do not have to....just say it's best that you stay home...they sound like great people they would understand!!

Good Luck!

If you don't want to go you shouldn't have to but don't lie to your boyfriend. If you and he are so close you should be able to tell him how you feel but a bit more tactful than you wrote to us. Do you drive? Maybe you could tell him that you would love to come for dessert so that you can see his family but for a shorter time. I don't know how serious your relationship is or how old you are but if you plan to marry this guy sometime, be straight with him because you will have a lot of "boring" dinners ahead of you. Good luck.

You could simply tell him you don't feel up to it this year ,,,, You shouldn't come up with or con ****** a lie or anything ,,,, You obviously don't feel up to it now so just tell him when the time comes ,,,, Plan something with your daughter and he might just join you ,,,, Or you could shorten your time there with the same thing ,,,, tell them that you and daughter have other things planned but that you have a little time for them too ,,,, It shouldn't be too hard and if they are like you've said they are they should be able to understand ,,,, Allot of people divide Christmas holiday up with like going to moms house from noon until about four in the after noon and Dads parents from like five until eight thirty or nine ,,,,

LOL Its the same here going to my husband side of the family for the holidays LOL

Here's what i do....I sit near the food, i munch and watch everyone, mainly i eat the whole time i am there. My family is really loud, your normal very large Italian family...His side, way to religious and cant relax to have fun...Me i need some trouble...

If you don't want to go to your boyfriend house for christmas don't go. Let him know that you don't fell like it and your reason why you do not wan to go....If he loves you he should understand. Being understanding is a part of love too.

Tess

Just be honest with your boyfriend and tell him exactly what you told us. He'll understand if he loves you.

All you have to do is tell your boyfriend that you are sick... Sick of his boring family that is.

Come to my house...

yea it is for sure not good if u dont go..but if u really dont want to, tell him clearly u dont want to and please dont lie to him...........