Where do I define the ports, protocol, and servers for My Webcam, and how do I get around the firewall?

I just installed a new Logitech Web Cam Quickcam STX, and when I select webcam icon on Messenger I receive a message saying there is a firewall. I have turned the firewall off in Norton and XP. Neither has worked. I have gone into Norton and XP and put in port 5001 and the messenger program name, however, I am not sure it is going in the correct place. I can find no where in the help screens that explicitly defines where to go to put in these definitions.

dunno

As your operating via a school community, the answer is not any. those regulations are set for a reason, specially to end scholars doing the incorrect element. in case you tried to evade those regulations, you'll finally end up maximum in all probability banned from the community, thereby incurring more beneficial costs. i'd recommend you bypass to an information superhighway cafe and use the webcams there.

If you figure this out please let me know! I have been trying to get it to work for months!!