Should we get married before buying a house?

My boyfriend and I have been living together in an apartment for 3 years now and I still have no ring. Everyday he tells me he wants to get married, but the question still has not been popped yet. Just recently we were driving home from work and we seen this awesome house. I took down the information and came home and looked it up online. It is totally what we want in a house, its in our price range and all... But I am wondering if we should get married now than down the road buy a house... Please help me figure out what to do..

Well he asked me to marry him... what should I say...

Favorite Answer

yes get married before. marriage will help you out financially wise because people will not overcharge you because you are a single person. your insurance will go down and you will both have a bond to work things out financially. new houses are built everyday so dont worry about it. it is better to invest in a new house than an old one. just wait until you get married.

• Nick C

That's really two separate questions. I know too many people who have been in a relationship, then they got married, and then the relationship fell apart; perhaps you should get married, then sign a lease for another year or two at an apartment, see how things work out, then buy a house. If you absolutely decide that you have to have the house, then be clear about who gets what; during the first few years, living in a house under a mortgage is just like paying rent. The house isn't worth much more than you owe the bank. Who pays the rent now? The bills? Maybe you two can work out to buy a house, one person pays the mortgage and takes care of the house, the other person takes care of the bills. How about if there's major needed repairs? In any case - be sure that you two work out how you will deal with the house. It's a great time to buy real estate now, but it's also not so great to sell; if you do buy, make sure you don't end up selling it.

I think you should get married before you buy a house together. I have been in my relationship for four years and have talked about the same thing. I think it’s best to get married first just in case you guys break up; then who is going to keep the house? If you guys are married than laws can protect you from that sort of disaster if it occurs—

Wish you the best!!

Well a marriage is like life, but you share it with somebody else and you make decisions together,and build a empire together such as job, kids ,home, so first thing is to get married, if you love each other and are ready to start building your empire.What are you waiting for?

Yes

No ring, no marriage date, no wedding plans... Are you sure he wants to get married or is he living off of you???

What would you tell your Daughter? Are you being the example that you would want her to see?

You know the answer

• m2

spend the money on a wedding or a house..

what a situation..

you dont need a ring to be in love...stupid