Go88! asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Week 15 I have 3 qb choices Trent Green, Rex Grossman, Vince Young...what a mess please help!?

Green has SanDiego, Young has Jacksonville and Grossman has Tampa Bay. I know Grossman finally got back on track @ St.Louis but Young has been playing very hot. I need help.

It is Vince Young for the rest of the season!!!

Too bad the Titans will miss the playoffs.

I would go with V. Young. T. Green is going to hand off to L Johnson all day long. Grossman doesn't have a decent running back to help the passing game. That's why he is always in hot water. In Tennessee, Young has T. Henry. He's established himself as a desent RB that can be reliable. Maybe not spectacular, but it allows Young the option of play action passes and running outside the pocket when things get dicy. V. Young is the best choice.

The Jags are in the top 5 in Rush Defense and and top 15 in Pass Defense, so Young will probably get stopped on the ground and chewed up in the secondary passing, while TB is in the lower half of Pass Defense and Grossman can and will air it out. The question is how many times they will let Grossman throw because TB is equally bad in Rush Defense and he can't throw INT's on rush plays... I'd start Grossman simply because he has a better go to reciever in Berrian.

Trent Green against the SD powerhouse should not even be in your head.

San Diago Defense is Overrated. There pass defense especially. Look back at who they played and how much the defense gave up points through the air. Look for Gonzalez and L.J. to have a huge game in the pass column and green will expose that S.D. secondary.

Rex Grossman is a pretty decent choice, but he can be decieving and very inconsistan.

Vince young has been on fire, but remember those defense's he played made huge mistakes and all his point come late in the 4th quarter. I don't see that happening against the Jaguars.

I have been playing FF for a few years now. You are presented with a problem. First, Rex was playing for his job so you don't know what to expect out of him. That leaves Young and Green. Each present you with an option-Young, lot's of running yards (60-80), 125 to 175 passing yards, 1 TD running, 1 Throwing..not to bad...depending on your league, those stats could bring in about 24 to 28 points. Trent on the other hand could get you 250 passing yards with 2 TD's...here again league points would be 22.

Look at the defenses they are playing against...to keep this short, even though JAX is playing tough, they never saw anybody like Young...He is your pick.

You're right this is a mess. . .Start inconsistant Rex vs. bad Tampa team at home. San Diego D is too tough with Merriman back, and Jacksonville will bring Young's Titans back to earth even though the game is in Nashville. I like Young, but Jacksonville is in the hunt for a playoff spot and the Titans are not. Eventually, the Titans have to falter after three great games even if they have the "Rookie of the Year" QBing for them.

Usually I would pick Young. But due to the Bears- Rams game i think the old Rex is back. Start him. He doesn't have any defensive threat against the Bucs. Vince has a little harder defense and a worse offensive line. Young will struggle. Trent Green is just coming back from injury and i don't even think they should start him. Go with Rex and you won't be sorry.

If this is for a fantasy football league then I would take Green over Grossman. The O-line at Miami is awful but I think Green can put up better numbers than Grossman. If this is for a fantasy league then I would be checking the free agent list for a different QB. ANYBODY is better than Grossman.........

i hate to say this but i would go with grossman..i really think he sucks at qb even though he's gotten back on track..but against TB he will have a good game