Poll: Please help me gather statistics about pet give-away...?

I'm gathering info for a rescue coalition meeting tomorrow. Have you have ever given away a dog (I'm working with dogs specifically, so do not include other pets) that was your personal pet? If so, why? Was the dog spayed or neutered when you gave it away? Have you followed up to see what happened... show more I'm gathering info for a rescue coalition meeting tomorrow.

Have you have ever given away a dog (I'm working with dogs specifically, so do not include other pets) that was your personal pet? If so, why? Was the dog spayed or neutered when you gave it away? Have you followed up to see what happened to the dog? If you could have resolved the issue that made you decide to give away the dog, would you have kept him or her?

Does your area have g'vt-funded animal control? Did you contact them to take your dog? Does your area have a humane society or rescue? Did you contact them? With what results?

If you don't mind, please answer the following semi-personal questions... as few or as many as you're comfortable with: Are you in the U.S.? If no, what country? If yes, are you in the northeast, southeast, midwest, west, southwest (or you can be a bit more specific)? This is most relevant as far as location: Do you live in a city, small or large town, urban or rural area?
Update: Thanks for all who responded. Among the dog give-aways, the majority seem to be behavior related in some way, and no qualified professionals are available to help. Our Pet Retention Committee has decided to begin an education & training program available free of charge to the public to help with these issues. ... show more Thanks for all who responded. Among the dog give-aways, the majority seem to be behavior related in some way, and no qualified professionals are available to help. Our Pet Retention Committee has decided to begin an education & training program available free of charge to the public to help with these issues. Won't solve all the unwanted dog problems, but it's appropriate for my committee. THANK YOU all again, you confirmed my suspicions.