gsmuk asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

English to Italian Translation?

I've tried the online translations but I keep getting different answers so I would love it if an Italian or someone who is fluent could translate this message for me:

"Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the New Year, may it be everything you dream of

Lots of love"

If it helps, I'm putting this into a Christmas card for an Italian guy I'm completely besotted with!

Thanks!

PS - thanks eveyone for your responses. I chose one at random as there were so many! I have no idea if the one I chose is correct and what the object of my affection will think. I can only hope he'll be impressed enough that I made the effort. I do agree with the comment that Italian guys are the best - i certainly think so!!

Favorite Answer

augurandoti( ti auguro) un felice natale e anno nuovo e che siano tutto quello che hai sempre sognato. con tanto amore.

i am italian so it doesnt get better than that.

ps italian guys are the best believe me i am italian so i think i know .

my translation is perfect just so you know nobody translated the last bit right.

Augurandoti tutto il meglio per il Natale ed il Nuovo Anno,possa avverarsi (you may also say "realizzarsi") tutto ciò che che sogni.

Con tanto amore.

PS I feel what has been posted here below by Siliadityr is unfair and not correct. I'm native and resident in Italy and itsn't true my translation is wrong. Also I feel such a kind of comments on other answers should be disregarded.Mine is a literal translation respecting the original text. If you need for a free interpretation I can write you a few hundred different but it will be not the real translation you've asked for..

Source(s): I'm Italian resident.

"Ti auguro buon Natale e un felice anno nuovo in cui possa avverarsi tutto quello che desideri. Con Amore."

Attention, none of the translations before mine is correct italian.

Source(s): I'm italian native speaker.
  • MrsC

"Tanti Auguri per Natale e Buon Anno Nuovo, spero che tutti i tuoi sogni verranno veri. Ti Voglio Tanto bene."

I lived in Italy for five years and worked as a translator!

Augurandogli tutto il la cosa migliore per Natale ed il nuovo anno, può essere tutto voi sogno

dei lotti di amore

me too

Ti voglio augurare un buon natale e un felice anno nuovo,che sia tutto quello che desideri il tuo cuore.

Con tanto amo

*Don't loose ur head for italians they're not worth it believe me!!

Source(s): Fluent in italian by Tv!

Augurandogli tutto il la cosa migliore per Natale ed il nuovo anno, può esso essere tutto voi sogno dei lotti di amore.....???

Write your card in English. It will take him longer to read it and he'll appreciate it more.

Search for SYSTRAN and download the free software

Source(s): Got it - use it - Brill !!

www.altavista.co.uk (.com)

Bable fish translator, its brilliant!

Happy Christmas.