Kelle asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

How do I unsubscribe from sky?

After calling them (which you have to press 1 for this and that service etc) and getting no response, to emailing them and them avoiding my question and instead correcting the high pitch shrill shreiking my box was making, making it impossible to watch anything, when I didnt ask them to. All I want is to unsubscribe. Any help?

oh dear welcome to the hell that is cancelling sky and ntl or whatever else numerous companies that give sub standard customer service. hang onto the phone, if you can't get them and its an 0870 number then hang up after 10 minutes. if you get through ask for a name. make them repeat the name any hesitiation on repeating they are lying, ask for a supervisor. explain to them you want to unsubscribe, don't give any personal info out. bank accounts ect. they should have that on record when you first signed up securely. they will bullshit you about 1 months termination agreement. they have you legally that way but to make sure you are free of them for good write a letter to the customer services department and have it recorded delivery. there may be an easier option i don't know off, but as far as i care all these broadband televsion companies are a bunch of thieving bastards who employ idiots as customer advisors. oh they'll hook you up quick enough(if they can fit you in) but still take the money from your bank regardless if they have installed what you wanted.

• ?

cancel your direct debit and write them a letter telling them you are unsubscribing with immediate effect and that you have cancelled you direct debit and if they don't unsubscribe you with immediate effect you will take legal action under the consumer act

Cancel the DD. That usually gets em.

xxB

write to them ,telling them that you no longer want sky in your home and that you have had no joy getting through to them by either e-mail or phone then cancel your direct debit ,they will soon get in touch with you .

• Niamh

Keep phoning and phoning and you will get there in the end.Are you calling the right number?

I just rang them and they sorted it straight away, just try again