Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

electronic rodent repellents,do they work?

I live in the country and it's getting to that time of year again where the mice will start coming inside for the winter.In the past i've set traps (which I hate doing)but I have seen these electronic rodent repelents for sale and I was wondering if anyone has used one, and if so how effective are they?

Favorite Answer

Yes, they are brilliantly effective we used to have the same problem year after year. We do have one in each room downstairs, and you must ensure that you do not put things directly in front of them as that stops the signals. They actually last for years as well. Ours just plug into the wall. Last year we had a load of decorating done and removed them forgetting to put them back and Bobs yer uncle - back came the mice. So we renewed all the plugs again and they went away. They are expensive but worth it.

The repeller won't harm the guinea pig, so take him over and see how he reacts. It makes a high pitched sound that rodents can hear and don't like. I'm guessing that he will be fine if he's not too close to it. If he seems in any distress in the spot where she wants to keep him, maybe he can't tolerate it. I suspect too, that even if he didn't like the sound at first, he would get used to it. I have seen one of these repellers in a rat-infested garage, and there was rat poop up to one foot from it. Apparently the rats didn't like it but it didn't upset them too much. So, try him out with it. It's worth a try.

The electronic rodent repellents do work, they are more pricey than a regular mouse trap, but they are worth it. We had a mouse problem at my place of work and we installed one of those repellers and after that there was no more crumbs and mice in the bird seed.

Try it out, you will definitely tell a difference

• wysong

Mouse Traps Homebase

• Live in the country also had moles in the garden bought one of things you stick in the garden gives off a sound worked a treat took about 2 wks though.

Dont know about the others for mice though try and get some rat poisin that will work.

You will have to harden up if you want to stay in the country

• L D

Bought one for my mother, it did work but has a very lmited range. Because the output is sonic, any furniture interferes with it. Would be perfect in a square room with no furniture, otherwise you will need to buy more than one - and they are quite expensive.

You could always get a cat, they are very effective!

Personally i've never tried them and don't know anyone who has, but my cousin bought the same sort of thing to repel foxes from his garden, and that wasn't very successful at all.

I bought one about 15 years ago, worked a treat, never seen Rolan Rat or Kevin the Gerbil ever since!!!!!

They are very effective!!!! They keep the rats and similar out of the house, they're just a bit noisy! So try not to be near one of those while set on!

Bought one at Homebase,£29.99 ,works perfectly. Also keeps away spiders,moths etc.