How do i fake happiness?

Friends continually try and cheer me up, but its just not working. Just to shut them up, how do i fake happiness?

Favorite Answer

A jug of wine from the wood,find a big wood first,

you will hear lots of singing,seven small guy`s at it

with young bird, join in you will be soon quite jovial

and also well cheered up.

Source(s): A tale from the woods The End
  • Ricky

It is not possible to fake true happiness. I am sorry, I would try

but you would only try to fake happiness for my sake and it

would not work, I would continue to try and cheer you up like

your friends do. I am certain that you must be very grateful to

your friends and are disappointed that you are unable to convince

them. You will get over this feeling, and then you will be happier

than all the rest of us put together. Time heals, cheers, Iain.

• sammi

You can't ever fake happiness but you can present a short term lie by just agreeing with everything they say very enthusiastically.

However, this isn't ever going to make you happy.

I am worried about you. Why do you feel the need to lie to your friends? I don't know why you are so unhappy, but talking to your friends at some point may be better than lying to them all the time....

Whats causing you to be unhappy and deal with it first or just let go if you cant, divert your thoughts in being kept busy and do exercise or go walking all very good for the mind. Also think of a song and start humming or singing it cheers everyone up to think you are happy but would llike to see you happy too for real, only you can do it no one else - best of luck :-)

Try not to overdo it. My friend is depressed and she tries to fake being happy, and it really does my head in, its just as annoying as her being depressed. I know its an illness but the best thing would be to try to get some help, or go on a holiday and experience all the good things in life and then you can always look back on the good experiences and know that its possible to have fun. I went scuba diving on the Barrier Reef, and skydiving, they were amazing!! Try them! Or study animals in the wild who aren't captured, that might make you feel inspired and free.

If you fake it all your life you're not going to do yourself any favours. Instead try finding the root cause of your unhappiness. This will be more productive than faking it. Faking it will add to your problems because you will feel that you're not being true to yourself. Being true to yourself is one of the first steps to true happiness.

Change in the weather caused me to be unhappy for no reason. Just realize you will be down for a while (fall down 6 times, get up 7, after a few you just want to lie there a while). Pretty soon you'll start to feel like getting in the swing again. I know, I just came back from the dead today!

Saff

Why do u want to fake it dont u want to be happy what is making u unhappy whatever it is get rid of it or change it thenu wont have to fake

i don't think you can fake happiness any true friend would see through the act you are putting on and try to help. why do you feel you have to shut them up if they are your friends they should take you as you are wether you are up or down

Please don't try. It isn't worth the hurt it causes. Faking it is worse than showing your true feelings. My brother committed suicide because he was too scared to tell anyone how low he was. All he ever said was "I'm fine. I'm fine!" Obviously, he lied! Tell your friends to leave you be. Sometimes, people have quiet times. Everyone did the same with me when I withdrew after his death. They drove me CRAZY!! I just needed space to be alone. If they insist on hounding you, tell them they cause you grief when they invade your space and that you will come to them for help if you need them. Hopefully, they will back off a little.