Do you use violations as a weapon against ideas you don't like?

I just saw an interesting tactic used against me. I posted an answer to a global warming question. The answer was not a violation of TOS in any way. I won the best answer on votes. Someone then reported me for abuse and the best answer was stripped. Now I do not care about the best answer or the points, but I am... show more I just saw an interesting tactic used against me. I posted an answer to a global warming question. The answer was not a violation of TOS in any way. I won the best answer on votes. Someone then reported me for abuse and the best answer was stripped. Now I do not care about the best answer or the points, but I am wondering if this is going to become a new trend for supressing ideas you don't agree with. I challenged the violation and am waiting for Yahoo Team response. This is because of principle more than anything else.

The question is have you had a similar experince? And what is your opinion of the tactic?

I will not post the the text of the answer in question here, but if you are really curious about the text email me and I will send it to you.
Update: oljedsamillionaire: You would be better to send your comment directly to the answers team because I seriously question whether they even read posts reported for abuse, or just ban them outright.

The most interesting thing is the category I was reported under was chatting or personal correspondence.
Update 2: little 6th Grader: Given your post I think we can safely assume you are against free speech.