pat asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

how do i stick puff pastry together so it does not come apart while baking?

especially cheese and onion

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Brush with beaten egg

• Mrs B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Brush some lightly beaten egg white on the side of the pastry you want to fix on to the other pastry sheet. Press gently on the two pieces, and then bake as usual.

p.s. - Pressing down on puff pastry will not prevent it from rising.

• 1 decade ago

Brush with a little egg (beaten), milk, or simple water, between the two layers you want to stick. Press, but not too much or the puff pastry won't puff any more.

• 1 decade ago

Seperate the yolk and the whites of a couple of eggs, gently wisk the whites with a fork, using a pastry brush, brushon the egg whites on the pastry where you want it to stick then place the other part of pastry over it. It should stick together.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Scramble up 1 egg. This is called an egg wash. You can use your fingers or a pastry brush. It acts as an adhesive.

• 1 decade ago

beat one egg yolk and a 20ml of milk together, then lightly baste each layer with the mixture this should hold the pastry toghter. :)

• 1 decade ago

my mam use to either wet it with tap water(applied with a soft brush) or beat up an egg, apply it to one of the sides u wish to stick and press the other on top (tips of fingers or again soft brush to apply)

• 1 decade ago

egg wash take 1 egg and crack into a cup add a little milk and brush on failing that you can use water !

Source(s): i'm a chef
  • 1 decade ago

brush with a little water before joining

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Beaten egg or milk.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.