how do I set my resolution to 1440X900 for 19" wide screen LCD monitor?

recently I have bought a 19" wide screen monitor of BenQ. for best viewing it requires 1440x900. But there seems to be no option for the same in my display properties. How can I set it to 1440x900 without any additional exp.

Favorite Answer

Open control panel, click on display, click the settings tab.

Toward the bottom left side drag the resolution control slider to the resolution you want.

If the option for the resolution isn't there set it to the best look for your monitor.

I recently bought a 19" with the same resolution settings as yours, but couldn't get it exactly right, so i set mine to 1280 x 960 and it seems to be O.K.

Right click on desktop, properties, settings and set the setting 1440X900.

Please mark me as the best answer as I am a class 5 student yet good at computers and need to ask a lot of Questions. But unfortunately my points finish too fast.

Source(s): Anu

Dear,

Right click on desktop-> Properties-> Settings->In Screen Resolution Less.........More option -> Make changes ->Click Apply->then OK

Or you can get the above steps get done via going to control panel->display->Properties-> Settings->In Screen Resolution Less.........More option -> Make changes ->Click Apply->then OK

These are most coomon parts to keep.The rest depends on your wish.

In case of further issues regarding computers & internet dont forget to contact via...

Yahoo! Groups

vijaysomanath - Customer Support Knowledge Database,

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/vijaysomanath

¤ Regards, vijaysomanath

¤ http://www.spaces.msn.com/vijaysomanath

¤ Copyright © 1999-2006 vijaysomanath. All rights reserved.

go into control panel click on display and you will see click on settings then click on screen resolution move the arrow to your right hope this helps

Firstly, you have to check whether your monitor can support such resolution.

If it does, then check if your display adapter got proper driver installed.

Cheers...