I keep losing points when asking a question, who do I talk to. My points should be over 230 yet it says 218 ?

What is the point of asking and answering if the point structure is not working properly?

Since you lose 5 points every time you ask a question you need to make sure you are answering more questions.

Or you could just answer questions till you build up your points and then start asking questions again.

P.S. thanks for the 2

• RM

It "costs" you five points to ask a question, you "earn" 3 points back when you select a Best Answer.

You get two points for answering a question, and 10 points if yours is selected as Best Answer.

Click on the 218 beside your avatar, and it'll take you directly to the scoring table which should explain everything.

• Hamish

It costs you 5 points to ask a question and you get 2 points for answering one.

• sammi

When you ask a question you're deducted 5 points. When you answer you are given 2 points. And when you give a Best Answer to one of your questions, you get 3 points back.

You loose 5 points when you ask a question. You do get some of them back depending on the solutions to the question and wether it gets solved. You get 3 points back for choosing a best answer to a question you have asked.

you loose 5 points for asking a question, you get 2 points for answering a question and a extra 10 points for a best answer

Source(s): I've seen it for myself

You "pay" 5 points every time you ask a question on Yahoo Answers, you're not supposed to gain points from asking questions.

I think you only get points for answering not for asking. You loose 5 points for every question.

Hi you lose points for asking and gain points for answering

• ?

When you ask a question you pay the penalty of 5 points