What gifts do you buy for a mommy adopting a first child who is already a year old?

I have a professor who is adopting a one year old daughter over the weekend. My clinical group is going to throw her an "end of the clinical" lunch out. Once we found this out, we have decided to have a Surprise Baby Shower. We do not know what to get someone who is unable to concieve, and has not been... show more I have a professor who is adopting a one year old daughter over the weekend. My clinical group is going to throw her an "end of the clinical" lunch out. Once we found this out, we have decided to have a Surprise Baby Shower. We do not know what to get someone who is unable to concieve, and has not been able to experience the joys of being preggers, and having a newborn. We can not get normal baby shower things such as baby clothes and bottles..etc. What do you get someone who you want to be able to get as close to a normal shower as possible? The girl is one, and we have no clue on her size, so we opted out of clothes!"