Should one buy a 100,000 flat in central London?

I'm looking for a flat / house at the price of about 150,000 - 170,000£. With this money, I expect to live far from central London. But I was surprised to find one can still buy a flat at 100,000£ in London (SE6, SE7 is an example) . Do you think those flats are a good investment, which means the price... show more I'm looking for a flat / house at the price of about 150,000 - 170,000£. With this money, I expect to live far from central London.

But I was surprised to find one can still buy a flat at 100,000£ in London (SE6, SE7 is an example) . Do you think those flats are a good investment, which means the price will rise in the near future?

Or the fact that these flats are relatively cheap while the market is hot means that people are avoiding these areas ?

Many thanks for your advice.
Update: On second thought, perhaps the phrase 'central london' is not really accurate. But searching at property websites, I can find those 100,000 flats at areas with postcode like SE6, W15, SE18. Perhaps these areas are not central, but they are still nearby. That's what makes me wonder.