Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Where do gay men hang out in Nairobi?

I am going to Nairobi next week for work and need tips on where to meet gay men

Some confusion here. I am African myself and know for a fact that each African major city has one or two friendly joints where gay men congregate discreetly. I wanted to now the name of the place in Nairobi and direction to get there, as asking a taxi driver for the "gay bar" isn't necessarily the smartest option.

Go to Westlands, patronise the following joints

1. Gypsies

2.The Pavement

and voila lot's of them hanging around looking pretty busy and most of them working for International organisations like UN etc

pretty classy joints only 5 minutes from the CBD. Any taxi driver will drive you there eyes closed. But a word of caution though, not all whopatronise those places are so inclined.

Damn....judging by the answers here, you wont get much help.

I will advice you as a native of Nairobi.

Being gay in Africa as a whole is still a taboo. This doesn't mean there are no gay people there, just that it is not practiced out in the open like in the West. Yes, there are common places where they meet and socialise, but pretty much everything else is done behind closed doors.

I have heard of a few places in Westlands that have bars for gay people, but I advice you to ask discreetly lest you are lynched by an angry mob. Homosexuality is illegal to say the least, so go hunting for your pleasures with caution.

Otherwise, there are plenty of other activities in Kenya (Nairobi) that you can do to keep your mind occupied until you return home.

Just make the most of it and enjoy the city and your stay.

As for catching HIV/AIDS, people are so ignorant and this is the main killer - IGNORANCE. You can get it anywhere in the world, not just in Africa. So make sure you practice safe sex or abstinence wherever you go. And that is my two cents in that matter!!!

Source(s): A Nairobi Native

Nairobi conjures all of the romance and experience of their colorful colonial days and is an excellent place to spend your vacation, discover more with hotelbye . Among the points worth see is the Nairobi's wealthy history and tribal culture is brought alive in their excellent museums and the Karen Blixen Museum in among the museum many visited. Also in Nairobi you are able to visit Nairobi National Park. The park is really a rhino refuge and shields over 50 of those critically put at risk creatures. As well as the rhinos, visitors often see: lions, gazelles, buffaloes, warthogs, cheetahs, zebras, giraffes, and ostriches, and more than 400 species of chickens have now been recorded in the wetlands and here, the Nairobi Safari Walk is a favorite attraction giving pet lovers the opportunity to place wildlife on base, and walking trails weave around the region referred to as Hippo Pools. Nairobi is definitely a city where whole the family will enjoy.

Hey dude

In Nairobi now and here for a few more days - wanna hang out? Londoner with an ear infection so insurance is saving the day and I've got time on my hands...

Jack

You don't need directions in Nairobi to find gay men. Just hang a jar of Vaseline around your neck like a necklace and they will find you.

Weird place. Gay men in Nairobi usually hang from trees. huge risk of HIV there too...

Are you mad, just cause you think people are tolerant in the West, loads of places still publicly beat puffs. Check the Gay Bible - Spartacus - there are still loads and loads of places that are dangerous to be a shirt lifter in.

You must be balmy as well.

You might as well advertise to get HIV?