Mobile Phone Contact from England to Republic of Ireland?

My parents are going on a 'work related' (no, really) break to Ireland, and I may have to contact them while they are over there (to ask for a decent bottle of Irish whiskey). The thing is, I don't know about the possible charges to either of their phones, or my phone, or even if it is possible with the... show more My parents are going on a 'work related' (no, really) break to Ireland, and I may have to contact them while they are over there (to ask for a decent bottle of Irish whiskey). The thing is, I don't know about the possible charges to either of their phones, or my phone, or even if it is possible with the networks/price plans we have. Here are the particulars:

I am on T- Mobile Pay as you Go
My dad is on Virgin Pay as you Go
My dad's phone is a Nokia 3310 (yes old I know, it's my old one) and I think, but I'm not sure, that this is a dual-band phone.
My mum's phone is on Orange Pay as you Go. The phone itself is similar to my old Nokia, (I forget the number) and is a Tri-band.

Considering these, will it be possible to contact either my dad's or my mum's phone by text.

Hoping for a knowlegeable answer!