What does it mean when your blood pressure is 190 over 90?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Its a little on the high side... text book its 120/80. Depends upon what you were doing/how you were feeling as, and just before it was taken.... Get it done again, a few times. I always take it repeatedly on someone if its high.... I never assume the first reading is alway the true one.

Dear god...orthodox ted is scaring the s**t outta me, and i work in this area...!!!!!

Asker's Rating & Comment

4 out of 5
It was good as i could pass the information onto my 86 year old Aunt whos blood pressure reading it was.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (14)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Bob answered 8 years ago
    Not a very good sign - systolic is way too high while diastolic is in the high normal range.

In rare cases, you may have a blocked artery somewhere. Better see a doctor about it right away.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • really need to know answered 8 years ago
    high blood pressure?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Terri L answered 8 years ago
    listen to nurse dlre go to ER IMMEDIATELY

Source(s):

MEDICAL ASSISTANT
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ravaug answered 8 years ago
    Like the others say, go and see your GP. Even if it was the GP or practice nurse who took the reading because you have questions about and want to know more.

One practice nurse always used to take my blood pressure but explain she was going to wait a few minutes, not talk to me and I was not to try and make conversation. The she would do it again and the number was always lower as I had relaxed.

With that high number, you will probably need to get it checked out every day until you manage to bring it down. It could just be a blip and you were upset about something, even unknowlingly.

Go and see your doctor. Either to start action to improve your health or to put your mind at rest. The worst thing you can do is worry - as that will make things much worse.

Good luck.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sexy Red answered 8 years ago
    Your blood pressure is slighty high,are you stressed or been doing alot recently ? Go see your gp he will access your blood pressure and keep an check on you,he may also put you on medication for a while.

Source(s):

Orthopaedic Plaster Technician uk
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • 2plus3 answered 8 years ago
    bit high, but are you on any medication to control it? could be a number of things but it basically means your heart is working a bit harder than normal. If your doctor was concerned he will refer you for tests if not, he is probably waiting to see if it will come down of its own accord. Don't worry about it though cos that won't help, just keep an eye on it and get it checked regular. Cut down on salt, obviously lose the fags if you smoke.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • DLRE2006 answered 8 years ago
    u r hypertensive, go and see a dr before you got a stroke.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • jan2856mjm answered 8 years ago
    it's high and could cause a stroke mine was high 3 times ina row and my doc put me on Diovan160mg and it took mine back down to normal please don't let thus go on
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • jjthinstrips answered 8 years ago
    It's a bit high...Are you taking it every day? If you are, and it stays at that level, I would suggest you see a doctor...He may want you to start meds for this condition...If you don't, you will start seeing the consequences...My brother died at 57 for not seeing a doctor...Hardening of the arteries, kidney disease, etc., for just having high blood pressure for too many years, and not believing the doctors...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• rosieC answered 8 years ago
    That means you're hypertensive. You are at risk of having a stroke or CVA(cerebrovascular accident) In here, your carotid artery might rupture due to high pressure and the clot could travel to your brain and cause damage in some areas causing some effects on motor skills such as such paralysis,seizures, and even loss of consciousness, Some even result in coma. Stress can also cause an elevation in the blood pressure or any existing heart disease.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • fn_49@hotmail.com answered 8 years ago
    it means its time to see a doc
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • old lady answered 8 years ago
    It means you better hie yourself down to your doctor's office and get it under control pronto, unless you want to blow a gasket. Strokes aren't pretty things! You can help by cutting out salt and backing away from anything with caffeine, but with a reading that high, you might need medication to get it down to a safe level.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • topdog answered 8 years ago
    its a bit high. can be due to stress. keep an eye on it
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • girlycd answered 8 years ago
    Your blood pressure is a bit high. Usually can happen when waiting to see your doctor about whatever reason you went to see him. If the doctor didn't seem to concerned about it.........you shouldn't either. Though I would remind your doctor of those numbers
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock