How can we get our friendly 13 month old dog to stop jumping and barking at people who come to our house?

My dog is a lab/hound mix, 13 months old. It is very friendly and gets overly excited when people come to our door. Even if she knows them. If people come inside the house it is a disaster, she barks and lunges at them. Putting her in the backyard or in her kennel does not work as she will bark very loudly. ... show more My dog is a lab/hound mix, 13 months old. It is very friendly and gets overly excited when people come to our door. Even if she knows them. If people come inside the house it is a disaster, she barks and lunges at them. Putting her in the backyard or in her kennel does not work as she will bark very loudly. It is getting frustrating because we can't have people over. After 5 minutes she calms down but she is scary until that time. I have tried to read books and went online but I don't know how to stop this. I have put her on a leash and walked her to the door and this has not worked. She won't bite anyone but she did jump up on my mom and hurt her leg. She is about 50 lbs, maybe less, a medium sized dog.