Tasha asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Star Trek vs. Star Wars whose better?

I am a BIG Star Trek fan of the Original Star Trek Movie, Star Trek Wrath of Khan, Star Trek Nemesis and so on, yet I find myself drawn to the force of Star Wars. Especially episodes 4 though 6 then 2 (I had to go backwards to see the new movies. Or is it forward then backwards...) Anyway, what is your personal opinion about both and why?

Favorite Answer

Star Trek is more an entertainment movie, because every episodes has very little connection to each other, so you don't need to know so much of it before watching one.

While Star Wars are more complex and have a - almost - perfect connection in every aspect of it, You need to watch the movie (all of them), more then once to understand, its more then just entertainment, it needs your dedication on it (if you want to, of course), You can link or describe a philosophy with it.

Myself prefer the Star Wars.

But my advise to other Star Wars fan (I'm a fan also) is, learn what the movie is saying (the essence, the philosophy, the thought), not what the movie is look like (the form).

For me, it's OK to imitate Star Wars some times, but only for fun, not for real like your trying to live in the world, don't make it as your God.

• Petra

Star Trek

The first 2 to 3 Star Trek movies were pretty good, but I would have to say Star Wars is the best overall. Even the first 3 were better than Star Trek. I do enjoy watching the Star Trek movies, although I dislike Shatner as a person. I still would rather watch Star Wars because of the neverending struggle between good and evil. Plus there is nothing better than a good Light Sabre battle. If Star Trek had thought of that then I might even like Star Trek better. Sorry, but I hope that this helps you out.

Star Wars

I prefer Star Trek vs. Star Wars although I watched every movie of both. Star Trek is not a big jump from reality but a foresight of the world to be. Star Trek technology I think is slowly coming to reality if you mention cellphones, space stations, etc. I do not see our future racing across the universe battling space samurais and ninjas with light sabers. Star Wars was inspired from a Japanese movie by Akira Kurosawa - Hidden Fortress.

you are compairing apples and oranges and there should also be tangerians as well

I like both, star wars 1 2 3 great story and should have been left as the complete story, I found 4 5 6 to be more of an attempt to pull in more money

star trek is an ongoing adventure , going where no man has gone before .. Kirk is a riot,

Source(s): as a single story yeah go with Star wars 1 2 3 but if you want ongoing adventures Live long and Prosper with Star Trek
  • C.C.

Star Wars ... But I really like Star Trek too. I am a science fiction fan

Star Trek is better, better stories, and people who can actually act.

Plus they have WAY more advanced tech. The Star Wars ships all look clunky and old while Star Trek ships are sleek and overall better looking.

Star Trek also has the Borg who can just assimilate EVERYBODY.

As you can tell from my nickname, I am a Star Wars fan. Star Wars is more interesting and exciting. Star Wars has a storie to follow and to me, Star Trek doesn't seem to have anything to follow.The aliens in Star Wars look cool and real. Star Trek's aliens look very fake and they don't look realistic.The characters in Star Trek aren't great either. In my opinion, A good movie has to have good characters and a storyline to follow. That way, you might see or read the next movie or book to find out what happens in the episode.The Star Wars are movies that has action and romance and awesome confrontations and battles between good and evil.Like I said earlier, in the Star Wars movies you can actually live the experience of a good boy who turns evil and is tricked into going to the Dark Side to save the woman he loves.To me, there is no question which is better, because I know it's Star Wars.

I started on Star Trek at a much younger age, so that is where my heart is. I watched the original show every day after school in second grade and earlier. My first crush was Mr. Spock.

I didn't get into Star Wars too much until I was in my early teens. But I do love it. It's like a fairy tale in space, and was so creative.

As for comparing them, I don't think they are enough alike to have to compete. But if I had to pick, I'm a Trekie for life.