Is is good or bad luck to have Peacock feathers in the house and in either case why?

I've just been given some but vaguely remember that it was supposed to be unlucky to have them in the house, it's supposed to auger a death in the house if my memory isn't faulty but I also vaguely remember that they are supposed to represent purity and pride. I don't remember why these things are... show more I've just been given some but vaguely remember that it was supposed to be unlucky to have them in the house, it's supposed to auger a death in the house if my memory isn't faulty but I also vaguely remember that they are supposed to represent purity and pride. I don't remember why these things are supposed to be so or where the superstitions come from but as my partner is seriously ill I would like to find out in a hurry - I don't relish the thought of his family thinking I'd hastened his end by accepting such a lovely gift!