I am having internet account from bsnl. but I am not able to open any web page other than sancharnet.com.why?

I can not go to web page of yahoo.com or any other web page but I can open web page of sancharnet.com and can access my e mail account of sancharnet also & can download files from e mail.what may be the problem?

If you are able to connect to BSNL site and check your account, then basically there is nothing wrong with your connection.

Please check whether you have blocked internet from Tools -> Options in Internet Explorer.

Try to download a browser like Mozilla (should be available in PC Quest CDs), and try browsing with that.

There are several reasons, to list a few:

1. You haven't configured the system to connect to the internet. You have to configure the TCP IP, primary & secondary DNS server, Default Gateway, subnet mask etc.,

2. If you have configured the system, all the ports to access the websites may be blocked. Please contact the service provider regarding the ports and unblocking them.

3. Your internet explorer or the current webserver has no access to connect to the sites. Download netscape or Mozilla and try again.

4. All the sites excluding sancharnet are blocked in the host file. Check out the hosts file. eg: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Contact an expert and resolve this.

5. Last your service provider has not given access to other sites. Contact the provider and sort out.

Pls check you BSNL internet a/c, might be you a/c has expierd.

sancharnet.com is free site from BSNL ISP a/c

Its sounds very obvious that ur using a ADSL connection this type of errors occur when u dont configure ur gateway and dns properly

Try to re-install the modem drivers. I think....!