Ericho
Lv 6
Ericho asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Is there a strategy to winning the lottery?

Are there a certain combinations of numbers that can help one predict the outcomeof a state lottery, legally? I am anxious to hear some of your responses to this one.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

no.. I had a friend who tried really hard to figure that out.. statistically and all but he's not closer to wining...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The main strategy is that you have to play to win. You don't play, guranteed you will not win.

Second strategy is that if you play EVERY possible combination of possible numbers, it is guarenteed that you WILL win. The down side of this strategy is that there are more possible combinations than there are dollars in the jackpot.

The third strategy is that the odds against winning are so great, that buying more than one ticket does not improve the odds by any significant amount.

The fourth, (and arguably the most important) strategy is that the methods used to draw the offical lotto numbers are, by design, meant to keep the selection as random as is humanly possible, so that there IS NO real strategy in selectiong winning tickets. The administrators of the varioius lotto games take extreme measures to assure this is so.

For example, the balls for the lotto machines are carfully weighed to assure all are as closely matched as possible. There are multiple sets of these balls that are regularly rotated so that there can be no pattern of regularly selected numbers. The balls and the machines are kept under lock and key. The personell are carefully screened.

There are many more protections. Some of which are probably not known to the public.

The numbers are random. Winners are random. If there was any winning combination known, then the same people would be winning every time, wouldn't they?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Realize this: The lottery companies take FIFTY PERCENT of all money that comes in. In other words, for every $100,000 that is spent on lottery tickets, only $50,000 gets paid back to winning tickets. It is IMPOSSIBLE to come up with a system or strategy of any sort that can overcome a 50% take! Anyone who says otherwise is trying to trick you into buying their system, or is a complete moron, or both!

• 1 decade ago

Winning the lottery is easy. Just buy ALL the tickets.

Lotteries are a tax on poor people. Rich people don't need to win.

They already did.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Hi, if u wanna win a lottery always or almost always you must see this page http://sistemaganarlaloteria.com/?hop=dackhan ... I was skeptical at the beginning but i did it and it really works. The page is in spanish but u can translate... i hope it works and good luck!!

• 1 decade ago

The best strategy is to play:

your lucky numbers

family members birthdates

social security number

phone numbers

Use the numbers from your personal life...to win

• 1 decade ago

The best strategy is to play. You can't win if you don't. As for the numbers....your guess is as good as anyone else's. I always do the quick picks but I've never won either. Good luck. If you win...can you share? :)

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure. But I do know tragedy and lottery shouldn't be in the same sentence.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, you keep playing any number you desire and you keep your fingers crossed. All winners used this strategy successfully.

• 1 decade ago

Dont play and instead invested in a company.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.