XCuteX asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Side affects?

are there any side affects from coming off the pill if you have been on the pill for 6 years?

• ryn
    Favorite Answer

getting pregnant

• Kasha

Because your menstrual cycle has been suppressed it can take a while for it to return to normal and cause hormonal imbalance – many women are put on the pill for menstrual problems, so if this was the case for you just remember those problems will come back as well.

Anything you would see with a hormonal imbalance you may find with coming off the pill, such as menstrual problems in terms of cramps, heavy periods, and PMS, you may also find spots to become a problem.

You would be greatly better off if you try to counter-act those problems by using the likes of Evening Primrose Oil to help balance your hormones out again.

For most women coming off hormonal birth control is the best thing they have ever did, if you are anything like me you'll find your sex drive increasing, and migraines decreasing, coming off the pill also cured my IBS, there may be other things you were suffering from on the pill that you did not know about – nesting is a common side-effect of the pill many women are not aware of, so keep an eye on your relationship if you are in one.

• the only side effects that i have been told about when you have been on the pill that long is that it may take you a while to concieve and also your periods take a while to get back to normal

Hi Honey - I came off mine after 7 and had NO side effects at all. Its good to give your body a break! :O)

• I am an alternative medicinal therapist and an ex nurse and yes you will feel dreadful but there are herbal remedies to help. Contact me

Gloria(BSYA)

gloriashealth@btinternet.com

well it took me 3months to get a normal period while on the pill i suffered with headaches and put on weight

No. But it'll take a couple of months for your hormones to go back to normal.

not much except a few months to adjust your menstrual cycle to regularity ... and may be you do't conceive for a few months..

but of course these are very rare side effects and not happen with everyone :-)

Yes, and your period may not return for some time.

Source(s): I am a health care professional.

More sexually interested.Probably take longer to get pregnant.Maybe lose weight,coz doesn`t it make You retain weight ?

it may take a while for your hormones to return to normal. see your nurse if you are concerned.