Why do most players wear the captain's armband on the left arm?

I'm just wondering if there is some significance to it. Some players wear it on the right arm, but the vast majority seem to wear it on their left. Is there any reason for it to be worn on the left arm, an army captain-related thing for example?

Favorite Answer

I suppose because 9/10 people are right handed, you pull the armband on with their right hand. A bit like a wristwatch.

• olli

Football Captain Armband

The captain's the skipper of the team! He uses his right hand to command the team, while wearing his symbol of command on the left arm.

• Those are often symbological gestures for injured persons, or other causes, nothing to do with the captain.

Of course, even more often, they are sweatbands used to keep sweat off the hands which improves ball-handling.

Oh, it's a soccer question. Yikes!

maybe coz they're right handed and you can't put the band on your right arm if you're right handed and don't have help can you?

same with lefties, they wear it on their right arm because they can't get it on with their left arm

well that's my theory anyway (some people just find it easier doing things with the same hands they write with)

it's always on the left. 1. closest to the crest your shirt and your heart. 2. when you salute in the military you nevery salute with the left hand. Anytime you present arms is always with the right hand.

I did that in high school because it was my weaker arm and it seemed to not bother me that much. But I eventually started to wear it at the top of my shin-guard. I never really had any significance towards it

Because first captain didn't have right arm!

HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU PLANNING TO REACH LEVEL 7? YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 500 ACCOUNTS OPEN AND ACTIVE HERE, AT YAHOO ANSWERS. . . I GUESS THAT'S IMPRESSIVE . . . AS YOU MAY BE THE ONLY ONE WHO'S DONE THAT. . .

WHEN ARE YOU PLANNING ON SHUTTING DOWN THE ANSWERS SITE WITH YOUR HACKING ABILITIES???

Probably because they are right handed...and put it on with their right hand...can't think of anything else xxxx