Adobe Reader Help!?!?

I was sent a document through an e-mail that was created with Adobe. After saving the document (as a pdf. file), I tried to edit the text and it won't let me. Do I need to save it as another type of file (which it won't let me do either)? How can I edit this document?

You can't edit the text of a PDF file. Think of it more like a fax on your computer than a WORD doc. You may be able to notate it but I think you need to have the full Acrobat version for that which is not free. (its a few hundred dollars)

If this file "needs" to be edited asap you do need Adobe Acrobat Professional.

Absent pirating a copy of it (which I don't suggest, but which is very easy to do), you could quickly download a 30-day trial version of Acrobat Professional at:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tryout.ht...

It's a GREAT program, with far more uses than most people realize. But anyway, if you NEED that file to be edited, download the trial ..... or be a pirate. Either way, the solution is as close as your nearest high-speed Internet connection.

Enjoy!

U need Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Illustrator to modify a .pdf. As far as I know. Quark Xpress and Adobe Pagemaker, or Adobe InDesign will also edit it. Acrobat Reader is free. Everything else is a software package to buy.

Another solution: Print out the document and then scan it in using a scanner with OCR. This will allow you to choose to convert it to a Word document. Carefully proofread the resulting document for any mistakes. Also, click on any stray marks and cut them.

Now you can edit as desired.

U do not have adobe proffesional

U have read only and edit once