where do lost socks go?

Many locales worldwide have a certain kind of space-time vortex. They require a fuel source to function, and one of these sources just happens to be socks. However, once the vortex has used one sock for power, it can not use a sock that is an exact mirror image of the one used, for reasons known only to those of the highest echelons. This results in odd socks.

Evidence of the existence of the vortexes is seen in the way time travels more slowly when you are "bored". If you are experiencing this sort of time-dilation on a regular basis, you may be able to alleviate the problem by nailing all your sock to the inside of your sock draw.

The wait until you throw their mate out then they reappear. Use lost socks to make stuffed animals or sock toys. I often bought all of the same identical socks so that it would be easier to sort them. Maybe some whites, some darks etc. But the same brand & color.

132 lost socks road

washingmachine park

Tumble dryer

HA 1 HA 2

Off to be with other poor lost socks

not sure, but there's a theory in the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy about where lost pens go, so maybe the same applies to socks?

If we knew that, they wouldn't be lost.

Of course, my dog has been known to regurgitate an odd sock. Perhaps he is "the sock monster." It would explain a few things.

• zaza

They must be coming to my house, because i have a bunch of single socks I don't even remember buying as a pair.

They get slung out of the washer during spin cycle and end up in the cabinet outside the washer drum! I've found quite a few in there over the years.

• Don

They get stuck between the outside of the dryer drum and what ever is on the other side. They get there by being naughty, and wandering away from the group. Then they end up in your lint trap.

Im sure they go up the tube thingy at the back of the machine cos i once got a guy in to fix mine and he found one of my long lost G strings in it, thank god it was clean lol