Who Wrote the Quran?

Yes I know that the Quran is the Word of God told to Mohammed. But my question is who actually wrote it? Mohammed was illiterate he could not read nor could he write. Which means not only did he not write the Quran he did not check to make sure who ever wrote it got it right. Who wrote the Quran? And how are... show more Yes I know that the Quran is the Word of God told to Mohammed. But my question is who actually wrote it? Mohammed was illiterate he could not read nor could he write. Which means not only did he not write the Quran he did not check to make sure who ever wrote it got it right. Who wrote the Quran? And how are Muslims so sure that this person or persons did not put their own spin on the text. And why is so little credit given to the person who actually sat down and took the time to write all that?
Update: I would like to point out how many of you did not take the time to actually read my question. Because if you did you would have seen I did not ask WHAT IS THE QURAN, I asked WHO WROTE IT. I realized no one really knows, Muslims like all others follow a faith blindly which is find but I wish they would admit that... show more I would like to point out how many of you did not take the time to actually read my question. Because if you did you would have seen I did not ask WHAT IS THE QURAN, I asked WHO WROTE IT. I realized no one really knows, Muslims like all others follow a faith blindly which is find but I wish they would admit that they do so blindly. God did not write the Quran, Niether did Mohammed, no one seems to have any proof that someone else couldn't have slipped their beliefs in to it.