Get married or buy a house first?

My fiancee and I have been talking about buying a house for almost a year and we're getting into a financial position where we may be able to. We are both wondering whether it would be better to have a wedding first or to get married. We both agree that buying a house is more important to us then getting... show more My fiancee and I have been talking about buying a house for almost a year and we're getting into a financial position where we may be able to.
We are both wondering whether it would be better to have a wedding first or to get married. We both agree that buying a house is more important to us then getting married right now. We still want an actual nice wedding ceromony, we don't want to get married at the courthouse just to facilitate buying a house.
We are planning on buying a house in Virginia or North Carolina. Should we concentrate on buying a house or planning a wedding?
Update: I don't think my question is specific enough: does getting married make a big difference in buying a house, or does it matter which one I do first?