Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Is there a way to get rid of rats eating my strawberry plants without killing them?

There are some rats eating my strawberry plants in my backyard and my family wants to poison them. Being an animal lover i'm very against this. I wasn't sure what category to put this under either...

There are some rats eating my strawberry plants in my backyard and my family wants to poison them. Being an animal lover i'm very against this. I wasn't sure what category to put this under either... oh and I do have 2 cats that are too lazy to go catch a rat thats about.... twice their size

You can get a Have-a-heart trap that is catch and release. But then you have to find a place to let them go where they won't bother some one else. Probably better to go with option A. (make your brother put em in the trash can)

get a safe trap from a petstore or animal shelter. Bait it with some peanutbutter or something rats would love, it will trap the rats but not kill them, then you can release them away from your house

get a scarescrow to always make noise and get a flute for it , the rats will never come out from there home, they rather leave the area, instead of been disturb by the scarescrow

You can buy humane rat traps that just trap them in a small cage. Bait it with cheese or fresh fruit (NOT peanut butter. peanut butter kills rats. It gets stuck in their throats and chokes them) You can then take them somewhere that isn't your yard and release them.

get a cat or even a goose...a goose not only eats the bugs in the garden ..but they also make great guards for the back yard.

Get a cat from a shelter?

Just buy a cat and let nature that it's course.

just get a cat and you wont have to kill them. u wont feel guilty because it will be nature and the food chain

try a humane trap, as suggested, or an ultrasonic noise machine.

see below for more info:

http://drpower.resultspage.com/drpower/Pest%20Cont...

Get a couple of cats...oops that is killing them, um no