can vodka be frozen ?

Favorite Answer

mmmmm vodka ice cream......

the answer is yes, but it would take a lot to do it.

The freezing point will depend on the alcohol content. If we assume the vodka is around 80 proof, that is, 40% alcohol.

95% ethanol (Everclear, if you like) freezes at about -110°C, which is about -200°F. Assuming a linear relationship we estimate that 40% ethanol freezes a bit below -40°C = -40°F. (Actually, 40% ethanol freezes at almost -30°C according to the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.)

Most kitchen freezers won't go that low. But you should be able to freeze vodka or Jaegermeister with dry ice, which is at a temperature of about -100°C.

Source(s): Dan Berger, Faculty Chemistry/Science, Bluffton College

Very high quality alcohol, vodka or any other, will not fully freeze. You may get a small amount of icy glaze over the top or slush, but it will never become even close to solid. If you have cheap alcohol, it's a bit watered down, and will freeze solid within a matter of hours.

Vodka can be frozen but not a domestic temperatures - I have family in Finland who freeze a block of ice (in a milk carton!) around the bottle in the freezer.

I suppose lower quality brands will freeze at a lower temperature but to all intents and purposes the answer is (in domestic terms) no.

Not in a commercial freezer. The freezing point of alcohol is way below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, and the alcohol content of vodka is high enough to keep it from freezing.

Vodka will not freeze, however, if you buy a good brand of vodka like a stoli, grey goose, finlandia when you put it in the freezer it will thicken up a bit to a syrupy consistancy and is excellent to drink straight.

almost no commercial liquors can be frozen in household freezers because of the alcohol content,but you can add it to things that,can,very well, be frozen, and get a very good vodka taste. all this info. may not be completely accurate,after all ,i am only 11 years old! ~~11yearoldhorseguru~~

Source(s): Good Eats --a food network television show

Vodka will never be frozen into an ice cube form.

I have seen ads where you can make ice cubes with any kind of liquor and then add those to the drink. My suggestion is try to make a few ice cubes. That way you are only out a very small amount of vodka . You might try one straight and one with a little bottled water added. You piqued my interest on this and since it is hot where I live I am going to watch for the other answers and may make some myself! Thanks! :-)

The simple answer is Yes. Now the second question you may ask is what temperature vodka freezes at, but that's different question.

Not in a standard consumer freezer. I always have a bottle of Absolut Vodka in my freezer ready to go!!!