What do I need to do about someone I love but not going to take **** from that lives in a different states ?

I started talking to this man in the 6th grade,my second year in college he moved back home to another state. I found out that he was talking to someone in November of 2005 and we had a big falling out. He called me April 26, 2005 stating that he had lost his job the same day his grandfather pasted away. me being... show more I started talking to this man in the 6th grade,my second year in college he moved back home to another state. I found out that he was talking to someone in November of 2005 and we had a big falling out. He called me April 26, 2005 stating that he had lost his job the same day his grandfather pasted away. me being the kind hearted type I gave him money and I also helped him on his rent last month. I found out that he is still talking to her by one of his uncle that told his cousin down here. This woman his nothing but trouble. My question is should I stop helping him for he can experience hard love and maybe he will realize that he have a good woman that wants and cares about him and is to blind to see it? His family have already turned there backs on him, but I am tired and I'm to smart for him to try to play me for a fool. I need to konw should I go after the man I love and lay the rules down for him or give up and let him fall down with no where to turn when his bill are due .