Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If Asian elephants evolved from African elephants, why are there still Asian elephants that can't mate with

African elephants

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is a trick question from Jim Darwin?

I myself can mate with Asian elephants, with a long enough step ladder and a big enough boquet of flowers!

Offspring? now, that's a different matter. Species evolve until such differences develop so as to not allow offspring from unions with enough genetic difference.

For example, assuming (as I do) that we humans evolved and branched off from one of the monkee variants - we have enough differences so that no offspring could result from any chance "monkee business".

• 1 decade ago

they can and have been bred go here for story. but to answer the question

The Asian elephant Elephas maximus and the African elephant, Loxodonta africanaare not only regarded as different species, but also belonging to different genus. Crossbreeds between two individuals, belonging to the same genus, but different species, are in most cases sterile, like the the mule, while a crossbreed between to genus was regarded as impossible.

http://www.elephant.se/Motty_the_elephant_crossbre...

• 1 decade ago

Elephants are cute. African elephants are cuter though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They evolved into a different species of elephant and so changed there genome to become a different species.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your not that bright are you.

an elephant is an elephant no matter where they live.

in the same way. Dogs can mate with big dogs small dogs different breeds of dogs because they are ALL GOGS

• 1 decade ago

I knew you'd get a sex question in here eventually. Even if you had to resort to animals.

• 1 decade ago

maybe you hsould put this question in the biology or science section. i doubt youll get many answers in the religion and spirituality section.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because there is no such thing as evolution. IT IS ONLY A THEORY, NOT A SCIENCE. It can not be proved in any way.

• 1 decade ago

Because they need a note from their Mum.

• 1 decade ago

BEHOLD !

The power of JimDarwin

Conform or suffer , infertiles !

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.