Playing hard to get?

Why is it that I am depressed over a girl I love but I find I have to play hard to get her to fight for me. When I first started going after her the interest level droped off. Then when I backed off she started coming after me like crazy and treating me really good. I'm still playing this stupid game but now I think it's becoming fun. Do women like a challenge and if so why?

Can't you just be honest with her? The most commendable aspect of a person is their ability to be honest about what they think and how they feel given the level of deceit that seems to be too common. Be honest, don't play mind games :-)

yeah we like a challenge...but then again some people dont...me? I like when guys play hard to get...I like when they play easy enough that you KNOW they want you...but they try so hard to act like that dont that its cute...so in a sense...I'd say yeah

because, we are retarded! We like to be treated like dirt, and to be ignored... i know, it's bass ackwards, but welcome to the wonderful world of womanhood! In all seriousness, i ask myself the same question all the time. I do it consciously, and i can't control myself...