promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
ludo544 asked in HealthGeneral Health Care · 1 decade ago

I binge drink on the weekends and i drink alot... what kind of damage am i doing to my liver?

I am talking about almost a bottle of whisky at a time, some say our liver recovers within 2-3 days, so i am ok but i just wanted to hear some facts regarding this issue.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

don't binge drink, it screws your liver up bad. if you drink, try to drink water to keep your liver and kidneys healthy, clear water keeps the body clean and keeps you hydrated

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Truthfully you'll probably die of cirrhosis of the liver, which can be caused by weekly binge drinking. You probably should talk to your doctor. The liver may heal in 2-3 days but when abused like that it compounds the damage and it can't keep up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well I've just been hospitalized for a long time with a very damaged liver and I didn't drink that much.....they tell me that the best that I can hope for is to get 80% of my liver function back in 10 years....be careful...I never want to be that sick again in my life...you've only 1 liver and it's an extremely important organ

• 1 decade ago

obviously you have brain damage from the drinking- I'd lay off the booze kid. Your liver is not meant to withstand a rush of toxins whether it can recover or not. And "recover" may just mean be functionable enough so you dont piss blood while your walking down the street, but over time its gonna take its toll.

Source(s): Im a med student, my cadaver's liver probably looks as f*cked up as yours.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You will damage liver by 40 and die suffering. But, hey, remember all the good times you had drinking. Life is fair in some aspect.

• 1 decade ago

Every body has its' own chemical reaction, but the bet is that you will do definite damage if you do not stop this foolish attempt to ruin your liver for life. You cannot live without a liver, so you make the decision. Is it worth it, or not??

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe you should seek help for alcohol abuse. Even is you just drink on weekends you can still be an alcoholic. That much alcohol can't be good for you.

• 1 decade ago

You are basically killing yourself .A harsh answer ,but reality .Alcohol is an addiction a disease a life wrecker

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u will end up killing yourself.. it makes ur liver not function correctly, also your pacreas.. if u damage that.. ur screwed dude

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.