I am a forty year old single man who still sleeps with his teddy bear. Should I try to give up this practice?

I have had this teddy bear since I was three and have always slept with him (well except when I have slept with a woman). I am thinking that perhaps if I do give up this practice it may trigger a more adult attitude in me and help me to form relationships more readily.

Favorite Answer

Well...yeah! Think about this for a second -- why are you forty and single? You've never been married? Do you think maybe the attachment to a toy bear is taking the place of something else?

Sounds like you've got issues a lot deeper than are going to be solved on Yahoo Answers...I'd suggest some professional counseling. Really.

Children cling to a toy like your bear out of fear. If you're still afraid of being alone at night, you're way down on the maturity scale and could use some help.

Good luck.

This is an interesting question. If you feel that it will improve and encourage so called adult behavior, then perhaps it's time to put teddy up on a shelf above your bed - some women take that as kind of cute and eclectic. I will not tell you how old I am, but I did not stop sucking my thumb until I was ten years old, when most people stop when they're three or so.

It just depends on how you feel, honestly. It's a personal decision. You might try sleeping without the bear for half the week, and then sort of ween yourself off of the practice.

• JustMe

No women is going to take you seriously really. I dont want to make fun but if I walked into a 40 yr old mans room and saw a teddy bear I would head for the door. Yes, maybe its a security thing for you. Maybe you can replace it with a wife ? Good luck.

• rkrell

I think at this point in your life the teddy bear thing shouldn't define you and your relationships. If you don't have an adult attitude I think it goes beyond more than just sleeping with your teddy bear.

don't give up the bear it's only trying to be your friend and i'm 30 i sleep with a teddy bear

well, i don't think there anything wrong with sleeping with your teddy..everybody has their own comfort zone..i even have this nephew who really loves his very old floor mat..he's already 12 years old but he still uses that floor mat even when he sleeps..now, that one is even more weird than sleeping with your teddy hey? but i don't think it has something to do with your maturity..

hell dude, if you still sleep with a teddy bear at forty, dont bother giving it up now....it's too late....you're gone....

Source(s): what's his name?

What a wonderful sense of humour!

maybe you shouldn't necessarily be sleeping with your bear, you can put him in your room though, maybe on your dresser.

I think it would safe to say yes