Does anyone have any pictures or information of the 1975 game between a Glasgow Select and The English League?

This game was played to mark the eight hundredth anniversary of Glasgow's burgh charter, as granted by Archbishop Jocelyn in 1175, among many other events that year. The Glasgow team wore jerseys essentially of blue and green stripes (for obvious reasons) and also of course had essentially a blue and green team. I believe the English League won 1-0 with a goal from Trevor Cherry. And other than that I know nothing at all about it, but would like to know more. I would also very much appreciate seeing pictures of the players in those blue and green striped jerseys.

• 2 decades ago

I remember a game played in 1977 at Hampden between a Glasgow Select and The Football League. As you have described, the Glasgow jerseys were green and blue stripes and the team consisted of mainly Old Firm players with Kenny Dalglish as captain. Can't remember a match in 1975.

http://www.wholesalesoccerjerseyser.com/

Welcome to the Cavalier Team Shop, Official Store for UVA Athletic Gear! Join the email list for special offers and new product alerts. Shop UVA apparel, merch.