Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Would I be able to live on Guinness for 30 days (i.e. Morgan Spurlock did McDonald's)?

Would it contain enough nutritional content?

THAT, my friend, would be the challenge of a lifetime!

ONLY Guiness for a month?

Where do I sign up?

There are 240 calories in a 20 oz. pint of Guinness. Practically all of that is carbohydrate. There isn't any fat. It's pretty low in alcohol content, so if you paced, you shouldn't get wasted (you know, if you drank 6/day instead of 6 of those mini-meals we're all supposed to eat). Would you be alive? Probably. Healthy? Probably not so much, but probably a lot better than soda!

Source(s): www.drinksmixer.com www.limerickjunctionpub.com

Beer does have calorie content, but it would be HIGHLY unlikely you'd survive on beer alone. Beer is a diuretic, which means it draws water content out of body cells. Therfore. drinking be does not re-hydrate, but actually dehydrates your body. Since the longest the human body can sustain itself without water is about a week (at MOST), your body would have a nasty reaction within about 2-3 days. While there is water in beer, you could probably survive longer than a week, but I'd personally doubt whether one could sustain oneself on beer ONLY for 30 days. Mix in plenty of water/gatorade type fluids, then it become more likely - although I wouldn't recommend it. Peace!

Lots of vitamin B from the brewer's yeast. Good carbs. Relatively low alchohol. Good electrolytes.

Bet you'd make it 2 weeks assuming you drank some water, too. Then you'd have a great story to tell once you got out of the hospital.

No, beer is full of cholesterol and doesn't have any of the necessary nutrients. You need your major food groups in your diet but of course Guinness doesn't contain these.

ill give you 1 week. then the alcohol will dehydrate you so bad u will die. that or u will pass out and be forced to go to the doctor and they will force u to eat jello. hence u just lost. also morgan spurloc nearly died from mcdonalds.

i dont think so...i mean monks in German used to fast on only bock beers, but for 1 month im not sure. the majority of it is water so atleast you get that into your system but i dont know if there enough calories or nutrients in it. i dont think you would die but i also dont think you would want to see what condition you'd be in after

Did you see his movie? Did you see what it did to his body?

What you want to do would be more like a fast, and you would be drunk all the time with no food, and you would probably pickle your liver.

According to my drunken Irish bf, yes u can. Yes, there is barley and hops which according to him, have nutrients.

Dude, I'd hate to share a bathroom with you...