Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

What does Jagermeister specifically taste like?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Imagine you took a black crayon and melted it with some rubber, then added sugar. Finally, mix in some mouthwash flavored like dark purple cough syrup. This is about what it tastes like... very unpleasant. I think you could find many better things to drink. Besides, you don't actually "drink" Jagermeister. You guzzle it down your pipe as fast as possible so you don't subject yourself to the nauseating taste any longer than necessary. A much better shot would be peppermint schnapps.

Source(s): my own experience
  • 4 years ago

jagermeister specifically taste

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OK funny answers up here lol, well actually it tastes like mint with a black liquor taste. Just drinking as shots and that is the only way I would think it will give you a buzz and maybe you like it this way too. Go ahead and try it??

• 5 years ago

It's like a strong black licorice taste.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Vicks Formula 44 mmmmmmmmmmmmm (cough syrup )

• 4 years ago

Jagermeister means "master hunter." Make what you want out of that...

• 1 decade ago

It tastes like a very thick/cold version of liquid black licorice. Unfortunately, I drank too much of it many years ago to even like it anymore. I think it's an acquired taste!!

• 1 decade ago

It definitely has a licorice and cough medicine taste to it. So do other mixed fruity drinks.

• 6 years ago

I read online that a "jaeger" is a a "seabird that pursues weaker birds to make them drop their prey". Which is appropriate, I suppose. You know how "Mama Birds" regurgitate food into their babies' mouths? I imagine that if a very large sea bird ate a whole bag of licorice fish and then barfed it into her babies' mouths, THAT would have to taste like Jaegermeister.

Nasty stuff.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about the matter, however: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4germeister

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Vick's cough mixture

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.