Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

What does Jagermeister specifically taste like?

Favorite Answer

Imagine you took a black crayon and melted it with some rubber, then added sugar. Finally, mix in some mouthwash flavored like dark purple cough syrup. This is about what it tastes like... very unpleasant. I think you could find many better things to drink. Besides, you don't actually "drink" Jagermeister. You guzzle it down your pipe as fast as possible so you don't subject yourself to the nauseating taste any longer than necessary. A much better shot would be peppermint schnapps.

Source(s): my own experience

jagermeister specifically taste

OK funny answers up here lol, well actually it tastes like mint with a black liquor taste. Just drinking as shots and that is the only way I would think it will give you a buzz and maybe you like it this way too. Go ahead and try it??

It's like a strong black licorice taste.

Vicks Formula 44 mmmmmmmmmmmmm (cough syrup )

Jagermeister means "master hunter." Make what you want out of that...

It tastes like a very thick/cold version of liquid black licorice. Unfortunately, I drank too much of it many years ago to even like it anymore. I think it's an acquired taste!!

It definitely has a licorice and cough medicine taste to it. So do other mixed fruity drinks.

I read online that a "jaeger" is a a "seabird that pursues weaker birds to make them drop their prey". Which is appropriate, I suppose. You know how "Mama Birds" regurgitate food into their babies' mouths? I imagine that if a very large sea bird ate a whole bag of licorice fish and then barfed it into her babies' mouths, THAT would have to taste like Jaegermeister.

Nasty stuff.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about the matter, however: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4germeister

Vick's cough mixture