Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 decade ago

What's the difference between the titles of "CEO" "President" "Managing Director" and "General Manager"?

I know that there are some differences between American and British business terminology.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Generally, in the U.S., CEO and President can be quite similar. In the case where there are two senior executives that share responsibilities in large companies or closely held family companies the CEO is usually more senior than the President. Outside the U.S. the term Managing Director or "MD" is used. General Manager is often used to describe any senior manager that has Profit and Loss or P&L responsibility. This might even be of a division of a larger company.

• 1 decade ago

chief executive officer

n. Abbr. CEO

The highest-ranking executive in a company or organization, responsible for carrying out the policies of the board of directors on a day-to-day basis.

pres·i·dent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prz-dnt, -dnt)

n.

One appointed or elected to preside over an organized body of people, such as an assembly or meeting

managing director

n : someone who controls resources and expenditures [syn: director, manager]

general manager

n : the highest ranking manager

Source(s): www.dictionary.com
  • 1 decade ago

CEO $1,000,000

Managing Director $250,000

General Manager $100,000

So I would say anywere from $900,000 to $150,000 difference

• 1 decade ago

The amount of money they make

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dont know

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.