Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

List this from smallest to biggest? Planets, Asteroids, Moons, Galaxies, Stars, Comets.?

I have and idea's and context exam tomorrow, so I kind of need to learn this stuff for it :)

Asteroids, comets, moons, planets, stars and then galaxies. I know that galaxies are the biggest, the only one that I'm confused with is the comets and asteroids, I think that comets are smaller than asteroids and if that is correct, it is most likely that the other ones which I mentioned will be correct too.

• Mike

Depends a bit on the definition of 'bigness' used.

If you go by mass, then comets and asteroids are more-or-less interchangeable. On average, comets may be somewhat less.

However, if you go by volume of space taken up - then comets can be larger than moons, even larger than planets.

Drop the comets, and the rest become fairly simple.

asteroids, moons, planets, stars, galaxies.

think:

seeds, stems, leaves, trees, forests.

• ?

you won't are conscious of it, yet your instructors do. offering you with a checklist to do, that calls which you will do a splash analysis, isn't with regards to the checklist. this is approximately coaching you to do something on your guy or woman, it is, discover techniques in stable components that solutions the questions you have a pair of subject be counted. in case you return right here to have somebody else do your analyze, you get a checklist that somebody else wrote and you do no longer study to do your guy or woman analyze. interior the tip, you get a grade yet grow to be a burden on society when you consider which you're no longer able to do little issues for your self. And, as i've got got here across many cases over the previous few a protracted time, moochers placed on out their welcome and grow to be particularly depressing lonely people. So do your self and all of us you already know a desire and do your guy or woman analyze and do your guy or woman checklist. this is super for the self-esteem and because you're in a type that asks you to do a checklist on astronomy, i'm constructive which you're able, no longer in common terms of doing the job, yet of doing it properly. And this is extra much low-priced than offering a million money to get a $20 checklist. First, no guy or woman who can do the checklist for you particularly believes which you have a million or which you will unquestionably supply a million for the artwork. 2d, you're able to desire to get in criminal hardship for promising the million, then no longer giving it to the guy(s) who do the analyze for you..... possibly I could merely supply the techniques and then sue you for a million. i actually could desire to apply the money to purchase new flora for my backyard.....merely kidding. good luck ;^)

I'd say that asteroids and comets were interchangable, you can't guarantee that one is bigger than the other.